All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe have become sophisticated consumers of cars, computers, clothes, and homes. Why t health care? That is the question ted entrepreneur and physician Dr Sreedhar Potarazu probes in this groundbreaking book. Who really pays for healthcare and how do we finally improve cost and quality? The answers he reveals are invative, measured, market-tested and, if implemented, capable of revolutionising the American health care system. Some the country s leading employers have successfully adopted his principles. Having spent over 20 years on both sides of the health care cost equation, Dr Potarazu, whose credentials include an MBA from Johns Hopkins University, sounds a clarion call to action for anyone who pays for health care employer or employee: It is time to take control of the process and drive change throughout the health care system. Inside the book Dr Potarazu provides a series of cogent arguments that: Employers and employees working together can be a true catalyst for improving the cost and quality of health care; Greater transparency throughout the health care system will make it easier for consumers to understand how the system works; Improved techlogy can provide the transparency the system currently lacks and a new and improved health care system has the power to create t only a healthier America, but a more productive America, better able to compete in today s world ecomy. The new platform, Dr Potarazu introduces is buyer empowered, t consumer-directed, and relies on the interconnection of all health information on one techlogy platform to enable medical data to flow smoothly between all the links in the health care supply chain. Collaborative networks are the means by which the world communicates today and for the first time Dr Potarazu reveals how this same concept improves the cost and quality of healthcare in the hands of the buyer. With new concepts and detailed case studies, this book offers a compelling vision of health care the way it should be and could be if consumers and employers begin to work together.
- Author BiographyDr. Sreedhar Potarazu is widely recognized as an industry leader in health care and health-care technology. He is the founder and CEO of VitalSpring Technologies Inc., a privately held software company focused on providing employers with applications to empower them to become more sophisticated purchasers of health care. He received his medical degree from George Washington University.
- Author(s)Sreedhar Potarazu
- PublisherTrinity Press
- Date of Publication22/07/2009
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTrinity Press
- Content Notetables & charts
- Weight680 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.