All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn all-in-one guide to contemporary quilting techniques for beginners!Quilting can often seem complicated and overwhelming, but it truly is a craft that anyone can do--taken one step at a time, this fantastic hobby is really quite easy. Get Started Quilting takes readers on a steady path to learning the essential quilting techniques, tricks, and tested methods of quilt making, focusing on one skill at a time.This all in-one volume covers fabric selection, cutting, pressing, sewing (by hand or machine), piecing and joining blocks, basting, hand and machine quilting, and binding and making labels. Quilt blocks range from traditional to contemporary, including basic patchwork and applique as well as improvisational piecing. Working through the book, the reader can pick up and develop all the basic quilting skills they need. Using a range of delightful fabrics, patterns, and colorways, they'll discover how they can put quilt blocks together in a variety of layout designs to create wonderful modern projects.
- Author BiographyJessica Alexandrakis learned to quilt while living in Hokkaido, Japan, in 2002. She loves collecting fabric, piecing scrap quilts, and quilting in public. Jessica is the author of Quilting on the Go. She lives outside of New York City.
- Author(s)Jessica Alexandrakis
- PublisherInterweave Press
- Date of Publication21/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width213 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.