All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionIs this the right book for me? Whether you are contemplating private education or trying to secure a place in the best local school, this book will give you proven strategies for success. This book will help you pick a school in which your child will flourish, and give you the full low-down on how to play the system to secure your child's place. If your child faces an entrance exam or interview there is a thorough guide to tuition, coaching and performance; and, should you need it, there is a comprehensive guide to making a successful appeal. Get Your Child into the School You Want includes: Chapter 1: Getting started Chapter 2: Understanding the different types of secondary schools Chapter 3: How to shortlist the right school for your child Chapter 4: How to fill in the application forms successfully Chapter 5: How to help your child pass the examinations Chapter 6: Success at school interviews Chapter 7: Results Chapter 8: How to appeal Chapter 9: Advice for children with special education needs Chapter 10: How to prepare your child for secondary school Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features: Not got much time? One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started. Author insights Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience. Test yourself Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress. Extend your kwledge Extra online articles to give you a richer understanding of the subject. Five things to remember Quick refreshers to help you remember the key facts. Try this Invative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it.
- Author BiographyKatie Krais is director of the Surviving School Transfer consultancy and has helped countless parents win a place in the school of their choice. She is a qualified primary school teacher with over 13 years' experience of both teaching and senior management in the state school system.
- Author(s)Katie Krais
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication29/10/2010
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Series TitleTeach Yourself - General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight210 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.