Get a Life, Not a Job: Do What You Love and Let Your Talents Work for You by Paula Caligiuri (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou can design your own career, so you love what you do! You only have one life: why settle for anything less? Whether you're an entrepreneur or working within a company, Get a Life, Not a Job shows how you can make it happen for yourself. You'll learn how to move towards a fulfilling career that offers greater work-life balance, financial security, and personal control over your future -- and more sheer pleasure and inspiration from the work you do. You'll learn how to allocate more time to roles you enjoy, and shed roles you can't stand...identify career choices you'll be passionate about, and build your skills and abilities to match them...improve your career without leaving your employer, and make your position more resistant to downsizing...define a mix of several stimulating and liberating wealth-building activities that keep your life engaged and balanced...keep personal relationships healthy while you pursue work you'll love. This book doesn't just teach you powerful career techniques: it profiles people in all walks of life who've used these them to build truly inspiring careers. With greater workplace uncertainty than ever, you can longer afford to let anyone else control your destiny - or to maintain outdated psychological contracts with your employer. You need to take control of your own career and future. With this book's help, you can do just that - and make work more fulfilling than you ever dreamt possible.
- Author BiographyPaula Caligiuri, Ph.D., is a Professor in the Human Resource Management Department at Rutgers University where she directed the Center for HR Strategy from 2001 through 2010. She has been recognized as one of the most prolific authors in the field of international business for her work in global careers and global leadership development. Paula has written (with Steven Poelmans) Harmonizing Work, Family, and Personal Life (Cambridge Press, 2008) and (with Dave Lepak and Jaime Bonache) Managing the Global Workforce (Wiley, 2010). She has covered career-related topics for CNN and has hosted a pilot for a television show, CareerWATCH. Paula holds a Ph.D. from Penn State University in industrial and organizational psychology.
- Author(s)Paula Caligiuri
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication05/03/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFinancial TImes Prentice Hall
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine11 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.