Get the Life You Want: Finding Meaning and Purpose Through Acceptance and Commitment Therapy by Dr Freddy Jackson Brown (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.18Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.48+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSo often we find ourselves blocked in our lives, unhappy but at the same time anxious and fearful about making real and lasting change and uncertain what direction to take. In this book psychologist Dr Freddy Jackson Brown reveals that many of our difficulties are self-imposed. By following the principles of a breakthrough approach, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, he shows that we can all live a happier, less fearful and more purposeful life. The book explains the key principles of ACT - accepting rather than avoiding difficult experiences, discovering how to defuse harmful thoughts (often through changes in the way we use language), focusing on the values that give your life meaning and committing to changes in behaviour. The ground-breaking aspect of this therapy is its recognition that lasting happiness can only be found when we identify the core values that are most profoundly important to us. The book begins by explaining that values give meaning and dignity to the difficult times we may face and provide a guiding star by which we can steer a path through life, ensuring that our choices are consistent with who we truly are. The book goes on to explain how we can determine our values and understand them, and then put our values into action in practical ways throughout every aspect of our life. Dr Jackson Brown shows us how to set long-term goals based on our values and shows how exploring the issues that seem to most distress us can provide clues as to what truly matters in our lives. Rich with case studies and practical exercises, this inspiring book will lead you to the life you truly wish to lead.
- Author BiographyDr Freddy Jackson Brown is a chartered clinical psychologist who has worked in the NHS for over 15 years and is an Acceptance and Commitment Therapy practitioner. In addition to his NHS work, he provides consultation, assessment and intervention services to organisations and individuals via Psychology Solutions Partnership.
- Author(s)Dr Freddy Jackson Brown
- PublisherWatkins Media
- Date of Publication11/04/2013
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWatkins Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width125 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $89.67New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $28.33Trending at AU $30.23
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.