All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionGRACE CHARLES, award-winning high school student, Yeshiva University valedictorian, and medical student at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, has years of experience tutoring high school and college students. But her forte is in helping aspiring students like yourself to excel. Here, she teaches you exactly how to succeed in high school. This thoughtful guide emphasizes the development of both an academically well-rounded student and an overall successful individual. The skills and character traits you develop will help you to do well in many aspects of your life, both in and out of school. With this personalized guide you will: * earn higher grades in class and on standardized tests * gain confidence and a positive attitude towards your school work * develop highly effective time management skills * learn to take concise and useful tes * start to read actively and outline your texts * discover over twenty useful and effective techniques for comprehension and retention * learn how to research for, create, and orally present structured and intelligent reports High school is a defining time in a student's life. Your accomplishments, grades, and overall success as a student will impact the rest of your life. Make the most of your high school career with Get to the Top of the Class: How to Succeed in High School.
- Author BiographyGrace Charles currently attends medical school at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City. She enjoys studying medical ethics, writing, teaching, and practicing yoga. Grace graduated as valedictorian and with a 4.0 GPA from Stern College for Women, Yeshiva University, in New York City. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biochemistry and an Associate of Arts degree in Judaic Studies. As an undergraduate student, Grace received multiple accolades for her work in biochemistry and organic chemistry, and she conducted novel scientific research that she presented at major scientific conferences around the U.S. Grace attended Ledyard High School in Connecticut. There she received the Diana Chaney Memorial Award for her ability to think both creatively and critically, for the maturity and clarity of her writing skills, and for the level of sophistication she has consistently brought to both language and literature assignments. Furthermore, she received the Pfizer Science and Math Scholarship, awarded in recognition of her excellence in those subjects and her aptitude for health-related fields. Moreover, upon her graduation, the Connecticut General Assembly recognized Grace with an official citation as a Ledyard Scholar. Grace lives in Manhattan with her parents, James and Lorna, and her younger brother Nicholas, a student at the Bronx High School of Science.
- Author(s)Grace M Charles
- Date of Publication06/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.