All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionForget about 'getting to yes' - in most negotiations, we can get what we want. Drawing on the latest research in psychology and behavioural ecomics, Getting (More of) What You Want shows us how new behavioural models allow negotiators to move past the outdated win-win approach and find the most advantageous outcome for each and every negotiation. Be it with colleagues, superiors, spouses, friends, enemies, estate agents or market traders, negotiation is present in almost every social interaction. Neale and Lys's detailed analysis of ecomics, psychology, and strategic thinking show that, by taking into account rational behaviour and irrational biases - and learning how best to exploit that - anyone can become a more successful, more effective negotiator. Find out: when to negotiate and when to walk away; how to kw what a good deal is; when to make the first offer and when to wait; the difference between aspiration and expectation; and why meeting in the middle can be the worst of all possible deals. Drawing on three decades of ground-breaking empirical research, Getting (More of) What You Want reveals the counterintuitive methods used by successful negotiators to get everything they want - and more.
- Author BiographyMargaret Neale is an Adams Distinguished Professor of Management at Stanford University, where her research focuses primarily on negotiation and team performance. She is the author of over seventy articles on the topics of bargaining and negotiation. She lives in Pescadero, California. Thomas Lys is Eric L. Kohler Chair in Accounting at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. He is an editor of the Journal of Accounting and Economics and has served as a consultant for General Electric and IBM, among other companies. Lys lives in Mettawa, Illinois.
- Author(s)Margaret Neale,Thomas Z. Lys
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Books Ltd
- Weight351 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.