All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlmost every interaction involves negotiation, yet we often miss the cues that would allow us to make the most of these exchanges. In Getting (More of) What You Want, Margaret Neale and Thomas Lys draw on the latest advances in psychology and ecomics to provide new strategies for anyone shopping for a car, lobbying for a raise, or simply haggling over who takes out the trash. Getting (More of) What You Want shows how inexperienced negotiators regularly leave significant value on the table--and reveals how you can claim it.
- Author BiographyMargaret A. Neale is an Adams Distinguished Professor of Management at the Graduate School of Business at Stanford University, where her research focuses primarily on negotiation and team performance. In particular, she studies cognitive and social processes in terms of effective negotiating behavior and explores the psychology behind team communication. She is the author of over 70 articles on the topics of bargaining and negotiation and is the coauthor of three books. Thomas Z. Lys is Eric L. Kohler Chair in Accounting at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. His research investigates the stock price consequences that result from alternate financial reporting standards, changes in capital structure, changes in the money supply, and corporate disclosures, and his work has been published in prominent academic journals. He is an editor of the Journal of Accounting and Economics and has served as a consultant for General Electric and IBM, among other companies.
- Author(s)Margaret Ann Neale,Thomas Z. Lys
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.