All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe biggest hurdle for junior scholars looking to embark on an academic career is to make the transition from PhD candidate to that first (ideally tenured) job. An imperative part of this process is getting published and yet - increasingly - this is becoming something harder and harder to achieve. This book aims to guide would-be authors through some of the pitfalls and complexities of getting published. The key concerns are to increase the author's kwledge and control over events while reducing uncertainty. The topics include Starting out; Getting that first article published; Converting your thesis into a mograph; Finding the 'right' publisher; Approaching a publisher; The evaluation process; Negotiating a contract; Working towards publication; After publication; and Where do we go from here?
- Author BiographyGerald Jackson has guided hundreds of authors through to publication as editor in chief of NIAS Press, Denmark, and is committed to keeping the Press at the forefront of technological developments. Marie Lenstrup has worked in academic book marketing for many years and now runs ASBS, Netherlands, a consultancy and marketing agency for academic publishers.
- Author(s)Gerald Jackson,Marie Lenstrup
- PublisherNIAS Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleNIAS Reference Library
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 2
- Place of PublicationCopenhagen
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintNIAS Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width142 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.