All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGetting Science Grants is your hands on guide to writing compelling proposals that will attract funding. Written by Thomas Blackburn a scientist, experienced grantmaker, and consultant this book provides a step by step process for writing grants to support your research projects. Getting Science Grants offers you an insider's look at the motivations and inner workings of the scientific grantmaking community. No matter what your scientific discipline, Getting Science Grants will help you develop the skills you need to write dynamic proposals and learn the qualities that distinguish outstanding proposals; write each section of the proposal clearly and persuasively; choose the funding agencies that will give you the best chance of winning support; avoid common pitfalls and mistakes when writing proposals; develop productive relationships with funders; reduce the chances of being turned down by funders; and, succeed after securing your grant.
- Author BiographyThomas R. Blackburn scientist, author, and experienced grantmaker is a grantseeking consultant who also teaches workshops for the American Chemical Society and other scholarly meetings. He taught chemistry and geosciences for thirty years before joining the American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund as assistant program administrator and senior program officer.
- Author(s)Thomas R. Blackburn
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight253 g
- Width178 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Contained items statementContains Online resource
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.