Getting Started with Cloud Computing: A LITA Guide by Facet Publishing (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $87.30Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $103.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEver wondered what cloud computing really means in practise and how it can help you? Cloud computing has caused a revolution in libraries and theoretically offered a simpler, cheaper, more collaborative way of working and providing user services. International thought leaders on library techlogy including Marshall Breeding and Nicole Engard unpick the promises and the reality of cloud computing in this cutting-edge guide to understanding and using these tools. While Part I defines what cloud computing is and various approaches to exploiting it's potential Part II goes on to explore the techlogies which are driving this revolution. Part 3 draws together a cross section of case studies demonstrating invative tools in practice such as Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Calendar, and Ning. The key topics covered are: * perspectives on cloud computing in libraries * an introduction to the cloud * pros and cons of cloud computing * what cloud computing means for libraries * librarian and vendor perspectives on cloud computing * cloud computing for LIS education * library discovery services * Koha in the cloud * leveraging OCLC Cooperative Library Data in the cloud via web services * building push-button repositories in the cloud with DSpace and Amazon * selecting a cloud-based data access and file sharing solution * SharePoint strategies for establishing a powerful library intranet Readership: This is an essential practical toolkit for information professionals working in libraries, archives and museums who want to get to grips with cloud computing concepts and implement practical tools. It also provides an up-to-date introduction for LIS students and academics.
- Author BiographyEdward Corrado is Director of Library Technology at Binghamton University, New York. Heather Lea Moulaison is Assistant Professor at the School of Information Science and Learning Technologies, University of Missouri.
- PublisherFacet Publishing
- Date of Publication25/07/2011
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFacet Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byEdward M. Corrado,Heather Lea Moulaison
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.30
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.