All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is written in a straightforward style and avoids sales and marketing hype. William J. Carpenter is an Enterprise Content Management architect at IBM who spends every day doing product development and helping others make the best use of the Content Manager product. The numerous tips and tes arise from his years of practical experience with FileNet products.Most of the book consists of specific recipes for installing and using Content Manager, and it also provides you with clear and precise explanations of the most important features and components. It is written in a conversational style without being dumbed down , and the book can be read straight through, from cover to cover. It emphasizes the things you need to kw, presented in a logical progression. If you are a CIO, an IT manager, an IT staff engineer, or perhaps a business leader, business analyst, or even an end user who wants to better understand the role that Content Manager plays in your enterprise, irrespective of any previous kwledge of IBM FileNet P8 Content Manager or Enterprise Content Management in general, then this book is a must have for you. And if you are someone who is just starting to work with Content Manager or who is facing a decision about whether to use Content Manager or ather solution, be assured you will t find a better guide. Even if you have years of experience, you can still enrich your kwledge with the clear, practical explanations of basic and advanced features. Although it is t a developer's guide, per se, the API and sample application will help you as an enterprise developer or architect to get your bearings in Content Manager techlogies.
- Author BiographyWilliam J. Carpenter is an Enterprise Content Management Architect with IBM in the Seattle, Washington, area. He has experience in the Enterprise Content Management business since 1998, as a developer, development manager, and architect. He is co-author of the books IBM FileNet Content Manager Implementation Best Practices and Recommendations and Developing Applications with IBM FileNet P8 APIs, is a Contributing Author on IBM developerWorks, and is a frequent conference presenter. He has experience in building large software systems at Fortune 50 companies and has also served as the CTO of an Internet startup. He has been a frequent mailing list and patch contributor to several open source projects. He holds degrees in Mathematics and Computer Science from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York.
- Author(s)W.J. Carpenter
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication24/02/2011
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight772 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.