All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn to design and implement reliable Python applications on the Raspberry Pi using a range of external libraries, the Raspberry Pis GPIO port, and the camera module About This Book * Learn the fundamentals of Python scripting and application programming * Design user-friendly command-line and graphical user interfaces * A step-by-step guide to learning Python programming with the Pi Who This Book Is For This book is designed for those who are unfamiliar with the art of Python development and want to get to kw their way round the language and the many additional libraries that allow you to get a full application up and running in time. What You Will Learn * Fundamentals of Python applications * Designing applications for multi-threading * Interacting with electronics and physical devices * Debugging applications when they go wrong * Packaging and installing Python modules * User interface design using Qt * Building easy to use command-line interfaces * Connecting applications to the Internet In Detail The Raspberry Pi is one of the smallest and most affordable single board computers that has taken over the world of hobby electronics and programming, and the Python programming language makes this the perfect platform to start coding with. The book will start with a brief introduction to Raspberry Pi and Python. We will direct you to the official documentation that helps you set up your Raspberry Pi with the necessary equipment such as the monitor, keyboard, mouse, power supply, and so on. It will then dive right into the basics of Python programming. Later, it will focus on other Python tasks, for instance, interfacing with hardware, GUI programming, and more. Once you get well versed with the basic programming, the book will then teach you to develop Python/Raspberry Pi applications. By the end of this book, you will be able to develop Raspberry Pi applications with Python and will have good understanding of Python programming for Raspberry Pi. Style and approach An easy-to-follow introduction to Python scripting and application development through clear conceptual explanations backed up by real-world examples on the Raspberry Pi.
- Author BiographyDan Nixon is a software and electronics engineer living in the north of England. He has past experience of creating software for data analysis, process control, and business intelligence applications. In most of these projects, Python was one of the main languages used. Dan previously authored another book on the uses of the Raspberry Pi, called Raspberry Pi Blueprints, and has worked on many personal projects that use both Python and the Raspberry Pi.
- Author(s)Dan Nixon
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication29/09/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.