All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnter the era of medical research using mobile devices with the help of this guide on ResearchKit! About This Book * Create a simple clinical research app using most aspects of ResearchKit * Build a simple survey with various data types with the results printed on the screen. * A step-by-step guide introducing Apple's ResearchKit and techniques to incorporate it into various apps. Who This Book Is For This book is aimed at medical researchers with basic iOS coding kwledge and iOS developers looking to create clinical research apps. What You Will Learn * Learn to create customized consent form * Get introduced to two backend services: a simple backend server using Sinatra and Sage Bridge * Build a custom task (a conditional survey example) and a navigable task * Get an Overview of ResearchKit's open source repository and App Core * Interaction with the hardware of the device including the gyro and the motion sensors * Learn the basics of this revolutionary techlogy * Get introduced to the barebones app and learn to write your first code In Detail ResearchKit is an open source software development framework from Apple that lets you easily create mobile applications for clinical research studies. ResearchKit provides you the ability to orchestrate the administration of tasks and recording of the results. ResearchKit provides tasks in order to perform informed consent, active tasks, and surveys. Starting with the basics of the ResearchKit framework, this books walks you through the steps of creating iOS applications that could serve as the basis of a clinical research mobile app. This book will introduce readers to ResearchKit and how to turn your iPhone into into a clinical research tool. The book will start off by installing and building the research framework in line with the researcher's needs; during this, the reader will learn to embed ResearchKit in the application and create a small task. After this, the book will go a little deeper into creating modules for surveys, consents, and so on. The book will also cover the various aspects of privacy and security with regard to participant data, and how to build dashboards for visualizing medical data and results in line with the researcher's requirements: data backends, JSON serialization and deserialization, and so on. Readers will be able to fully utilize ResearchKit for medical research, will be able to get more and more patients to participate in their surveys, and will gain insights from the surveys using the dashboards created. Style and approach A hands-on guide with ample screenshots for you to follow and learn about ResearchKit. Each topic is explained sequentially and placed in context so that you can get a better understanding of every step in the process of creating clinical research apps.
- Author BiographyEdward Cessna is the software engineering director for Y Media Labs, a digital agency in Northern California that creates mobile applications. He has three decades of software engineering experience-ranging from embedded software providing cryptographic services to a multitude of iOS applications. He has been working with iOS since its first public release in July 2008. He has managed the development effort for a number of ResearchKit-based applications for leading research institutions. Dhanush Balachandran has a vast experience in creating mobile apps for healthcare industry that include several ResearchKit apps. He was the lead iOS engineer at Jiff, a healthcare start-up and later worked on ResearchKit-based apps for leading institutions. Currently, he is an iOS engineer at DJI. He is also the founder & CEO of mobile app startup, Sortly.
- Author(s)Edward Cessna
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication18/02/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.