All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a groundbreaking first-look at stuckness -- the profound inability to move one's life forward. Being stuck is a mental health problem that affects thousands of adults; and yet, it has gone unrecognised and misunderstood by mental health professionals, until w. The author, psychiatrist Don Kerson, argues that adults who are stuck are bedeviled by a complex interaction between depression, attention deficit disorder and dissociation, a consequence of childhood trauma. People who are stuck can't get things done, matter how smart, skilled, articulate or creative they may be. Their personal and professional lives are often on shaky ground, and depression is a constant problem. Therapy helps, sometimes. Anti-depressants help, sometimes. But they never really feel good. They remain stuck, Kerson argues, because the problem -- if recognised at all -- is being treated only partially. The key to getting people unstuck is to tease apart the depression, ADD, and dissociation (or whichever of these conditions is present at any one time), and then to address each of them separately. Kerson wrote Getting Unstuck to help people with this problem to lead more productive and satisfying lives and to share what he's discovered with mental health professionals so they can begin to recognise the problem and offer effective treatment for it. Kerson details the successful and efficient method he developed to help his patients get their lives moving again. It includes the invative use of neo-Ericksonian hyptherapeutic integration exercises to address the procrastination and disorganisation that plague individuals with ADD.
- Author BiographyDon Kerson, M.D. has practised outpatient psychopharmacology and psychotherapy for over 20 years in Manhattan and at Greenpoint Psychiatric Services, the clinic he founded in Brooklyn, New York. Until 2000, he was Medical Director of the Long Island Consultation Center, the fourth largest free-standing mental health and substance abuse clinic in New York State. Dr Kerson is currently developing a group therapy program that uses an integrated approach to help participants get back to fully enjoying life, seminar for young adults on using their right brain and a seminar for adults in which he will teach the trance skills he discusses in Getting Unstuck.
- Author(s)Don Kerson
- PublisherGreenpoint Psychiatric Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationBrooklyn, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenpoint Psychiatric Press
- Content Notefigures
- Weight366 g
- Width210 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.