All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany children age seven and under who struggle with social skills -- especially those with autism, ADHD, anxiety, language delays, or behaviour issues -- find themselves perpetually on the sidelines, in timeout, or igred by their peers in school and on the playground. It is incredibly painful and worrisome for their parents to witness, but fortunately, they are t powerless to help their kids improve their social IQ. This book helps parents to understand the roots of these problems, which take hold at a very young age, and give their kids the foundational skills necessary to form connections and friendships with other children. The book explains how parents can teach their children social observing skills at an early stage in their development and identify: Where their child is on the social skills ladder. How to set goals to fill in those gaps. How and when to support their child during play. How to identify play behaviours that hinder or help. How to model good social skills and cues. Written by a speech-language pathologist and researcher with expertise in socially at risk kids, the book includes profiles of children who illustrate a wide variety of characteristics and behaviours that lead to social isolation, along with effective, well-designed activities that encourage joint attention, eye contact, and social interaction. Beyond its appeal to parents, this book will also garner interest from counsellors and teachers as well.
- Author BiographyShonna Tuck is a Speech-Language Pathologist with special expertise in early identification and intervention for children who are at social risk. Her book is based on 20 years of research, advocacy, and a passion for helping children and their families.
- Author(s)Shonna Tuck
- PublisherWoodbine House Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication27/07/2015
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationBethesda, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWoodbine House Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.