All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis book lays out the roles everyone, up and down the organisation chart, can and must play to ensure that data is up to the demands of its use, in day-in, day-out work, decision-making, planning, and analytics. By w, everyone kws that bad data extorts an ermous toll, adding huge (though often hidden) costs, and making it more difficult to make good decisions and leverage advanced analyses. While the problems are pervasive and insidious, they are also solvable! As Tom Redman, the Data Doc explains, the secret lies in getting the right people in the right roles to get in front of the management and social issues that lead to bad data in the first place. Everyone should see himself or herself in this book. We are all both data customers and data creators -- after all, we use data created by others and create data used by others. And all of us must step up to these roles. As data customers, we must clarify our most important needs and communicate them to data creators. As data creators, we must strive to meet those needs by finding and eliminating the root causes of error. This book proposes new roles for data professionals as: embedded data managers, in helping data customers and creators complete their work, DQ team leads, in connecting customers and creators, pulling the entire program together, and training people on their new roles, data maestros, in providing deep expertise on the really tough problems, chief data architects, in establishing common data definitions, and techlogists, in increasing scale and decreasing unit cost. The book introduces a new role, the data provocateur, the motive force in attacking data quality properly! This book urges everyone to unleash their inner provocateur. Finally, it crystallises what senior leaders must do if their entire organisations are to enjoy the benefits of high-quality data!
- Author BiographyTom Redman, the Data Doc, and his company, Data Quality Solutions, help leaders world-wide attack data quality head-on. Thousands benefit from his approaches and methods, which focus on getting the right people in the right roles, creating data correctly the first time, and addressing the issues that lead to bad data. Tom started his career at Bell Labs, where he conceived and led the Data Quality Lab. He was first to understand the fundamental importance of data and data quality, understand the nature of data in organizations, and give meaning to the phrase manage data assets. He has a Ph.D. in Statistics and two patents. Tom and his wife Nancy live in Rumson, New Jersey, USA.
- Author(s)Thomas C. Redman
- PublisherTechnics Publications LLC
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBradley Beach
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTechnics Publications LLC
- Weight410 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.