All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEssential reading if you are considering making an application for primary initial teacher education or preparing to begin your programme. It introduces you to a range of perspectives on teaching and teacher education and guides you through the application process to ensure you choose the training route that's right for you and achieve a successful result. Key chapters cover developing your subject kwledge in English and mathematics, understanding the curriculum, the nature of learning, assessment, behaviour issues and inclusive teaching. Useful features such as jargon busters, progress checklists and case studies make the material accessible and help you navigate the 'new landscape' of teacher education. In addition the text encourages you to reflect critically on your school experiences of learning and teaching and uses example of theory, research and practice to help you develop an informed stance on important themes.
- Author BiographyCathy Burnett worked as an actor-teacher, primary teacher and literacy consultant before taking on her current role as a reader in the department of teacher education at Sheffield Hallam University. She has been involved in supporting the initial and continuing development of teachers for many years and has published a wide range of book chapters and journal articles with a particular focus on literacy education, new technologies and becoming a teacher. She is particularly interested in investigating classroom practices and in understanding the connections between learning in and out of school. David Owen taught in primary, secondary and residential environmental education settings before working at Sheffield Hallam University as a teacher educator. He led the primary and early years programme at SHU for seven years before taking up his current role as Deputy Head of the Teacher Education Department. His research has focused on geographical education, e-learning and teacher education course development. Andrew Hobson is a research professor at Sheffield Hallam University. His research is concerned with the experiences of and support for the professional learning and development of teachers, especially trainee, newly and recently qualified teachers. He has particular interests in teacher mentoring and well-being, and he is editor of the International Journal of Mentoring and Coaching in Education. Andy supervises research students in this field, in which he has published widely and led several research and evaluation projects.
- PublisherCritical Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/2014
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Series TitleCritical Learning
- Place of PublicationNorthwich
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintCritical Publishing Ltd
- Content Note5 diagrams
- Weight366 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byCathy Burnett,David Owen
- Series Edited byAndrew J. Hobson
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.