All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn the past decade there has been an intense growth in the number of library publishing services supporting faculty and students. Unified by a commitment to both access and service, library publishing programs have grown from an early focus on backlist digitization to encompass publication of student works, textbooks, research data, as well as books and journals. This growing engagement with publishing is a natural extension of the academic library's commitment to support the creation of and access to scholarship. This volume includes chapters by some of the most talented thinkers in this area of librarianship, exploring topics such as the ecomics of publishing and the challenges of collaboration, and surveying the service landscape for publishing in support of a variety of formats and methods. Edited by library publishing experts Maria Bonn, University of Illiis Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) Graduate School of Library and Information Science, and Mike Furlough, HathiTrust Digital Library, Getting the Word Out deepens current discussions in the field, and provides both decision makers and current practitioners with an introduction to the current state of the field and an investigation of its future prospects. This book is appropriate for all types of academic libraries and for graduate programs in library and information studies.
- Author BiographyMaria Bonn is a Senior Lecturer at the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at the University of Illinois, USA at Urbana-Champaign where she teaches courses on the role of libraries in scholarly communication and publishing. Prior to her teaching appointment, she served as the associate university librarian for publishing at the University of Michigan Library, with responsibility for publishing and scholarly communications initiatives, including the University of Michigan Press, the Scholarly Publishing Office, the institutional repository (Deep Blue), the Copyright Office, and the Text Creation Partnership. She has also been an assistant professor of English at Albion College and taught at Sichuan International Studies University (Chongqing, China) and Bilkent University (Ankara, Turkey). She received a bachelor's degree from the University of Rochester, master's and doctoral degrees in English Literature from SUNY Buffalo, and a master's in information and library science from the University of Michigan, USA. Mike Furlough is Executive Director of HathiTrust Digital Library. Furlough leads an organization that includes over 90 academic and research institutions working to transform scholarship and research in the 21st century. Furlough's research has focused on how libraries and universities develop organizational support for emerging scholarly communication practices. He has presented work at the Digital Library Federation Forum, the American Association of University Presses, the Charleston Conference, the Bloomsbury Conference, and Educause, among others. From 2011-2013 he served as faculty for the ARL/DLF/Duraspace E-Science Institute. Furlough studied English and American Literature at the University of Virginia. After joining the University of Virginia Library in 1997 he led the GeoStat lab, initiating support for GIS in digital humanities research, and later led planning for and development of the Scholar's Lab. From 2006-2014 served as Assistant and later Associate Dean for Research and Scholarly Communications at Penn State University Libraries, where he led content stewardship services that support the life cycle of scholarly production.
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byMaria Bonn,Mike Furlough
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.