All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGhost Town is the result of Stephan Wurth's lifelong fascination with the American West. Captivated by the isolation and freedom of vast desert expanses, Wurth has repeatedly been drawn to their mythical landscapes since he moved to California from his hometown of Munich, Germany, at the age of 7. Ghost Town is the culmination of this romance. Nevada, is the setting for the journey of 3 women who find themselves stranded with a broken down car on the side of a desolate road. What happens next is the story of Ghost Town . Wurth skillfully frames the essence of women through his lens: capturing their boldly flirtatious and sensual nature along with their strength, intelligence and independence; this delicately balanced play between indulgence and restraint is what brings the pictures to life. Ghost Town was shot in black and white Tri-x film with image scanning from 16X20 hand prints. The prints were t retouched. The project was shot in 7 days. This book also features an epilogue by Lesley M. M. Blume, author of Let's Bring Back and Cornelia and the Audacious Escapades of the Somerset Sisters and is a regular contributor to Vogue and The Huffington Post . Ms. Blume lives and works in New York City.
- Author BiographyStephan Wurth was born in Munich, and grew up in California, Texas, and Germany. He discovered photography at age fourteen during a family vacation in Spain; his favorite subjects were sun-bathing women on the Costa del Sol. Wurth later attended business school in Germany and worked for his family business, yet photography remained his main passion. In 2000, he enrolled in the Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale to study photography, and after graduating, became a full time photographer. Since then, his clients have included Vogue (Latin America), GQ (UK, Italy and Germany), Sports Illustrated Swim Suit Edition, Esquire, Flair magazine (Italy), Surface magazine among others. Wurth currently resides in New York City's West Village with his wife, Vanessa, and their cat, Latte.
- Author(s)Stephan Wurth
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Weight1361 g
- Width285 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $32.53Trending at AU $33.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.