All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionZachary expects to be bored completely when he is forced to join his parents and his eccentric great-aunt on a visit to a museum exhibit about ancient Egypt. But Great-Aunt Allie, who is fascinated by how Egypt once was, soon strays from the group and enters a door marked STAFF ONLY. DO NOT ENTER. When Zachary goes to look for her, his day gets more interesting -- he and his great-aunt have somehow traveled back in time! Guided by a talking cat named Khi, Zachary and his great-aunt embark on an exciting journey through ancient Egypt. Khi's kwledge of the ancient pyramids' construction, immense size, and purpose captivates Zachary. He learns about Imhotep, the first man to design a pyramid, as a tomb for King Djoser. Khi shows him how a pyramid is built and tells him of ancient Egypt's great pharaohs, like King Tut and Ramses the Great. Zachary learns about the elaborate process of mummification and sees the legendary Cleopatra. He even takes a boat ride on the Nile River! Visits to temples, a lesson in hieroglyphics, and the firsthand experience of the thriving civilization, dangerous wildlife, and rich culture of ancient Egypt -- Zachary's day is suddenly filled with more excitement than he ever thought possible. With intricate diagrams, a list and description of ancient Egyptian gods, and an Egyptionary, Ghosts of the Nile is t only fun and adventurous, but also educational for both Zachary and readers alike. Complemented by rich, colorful illustrations, this book brings the mysterious ancient Egypt to life.
- Author BiographyCheryl Harness lives in Independence, Missouri. As an author and illustrator, she is known for her engaging approach to history, seen in such books as Our Colonial Year; Mary Walker Wears the Pants; Young Abe Lincoln; George Washington; Spymaster; Three Young Pilgrims, Ghosts of the White House; and Remember the Ladies.
- Author(s)Cheryl Harness
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- Content Note1, colour illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Cheryl Harness
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $29.45
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $33.44
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.85
- AU $14.41Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.14
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.