Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionWisconsin has its share of ghost towns. Villages grew from trading posts, lumber camps, and mining sites. Some didn't survive the catastrophes that befell them, but they all surely experienced grand moments when anticipation of greatness loomed and prosperity seemed well within grasp. And many, before they passed from existence, wrote some colorful pages in Wisconsin history. Twenty-eight of these villages once again come to life on the pages of GHOSTVILLE. NEW... REVISED EDITION... includes the history of the Wisconsin Indian tribes, Wisconsin lumber industry, and much, much more!
- Author BiographyBorn into a farm family in the late 1940s, J.L. Fredrick lived his youth in rural Western Wisconsin, a modest but comfortable life not far from the Mississippi River. His father was a farmer, and his mother, an elementary school teacher. He attended a one-room country school for his first seven years of education. Wisconsin has been home all his life, with exception of a few years in Minnesota and Florida. After college in La Crosse, Wisconsin and a stint with Uncle Sam during the Viet Nam era, the next few years were unsettled as he explored and experimented with life's options. He entered into the transportation industry in 1975 where he remained until retirement in 2012. He is a long-time member of the Wisconsin State Historical Society. Since 2001 he has fourteen published novels to his credit, and two non-fiction history volumes, Rivers, Roads, & Rails, and Ghostville. He was a featured author during Grand Excursion 2004. J.L. Fredrick currently resides at Poynette, Wisconsin.
- Author(s)J L Fredrick
- PublisherLovstad Publishing
- Date of Publication26/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLovstad Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.