Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShe listens to everyone else's story, but can she find her own? Perfect for fans of The Tea Planter's Daughter, The Railway Man and The Narrow Road to the Deep North A childhood mistake. A lifetime of regrets. Jenni is a 'ghost': she writes the lives of other people. It's a job that suits her well: still haunted by a childhood tragedy, she finds it easier to take refuge in the memories of others rather than dwell on her own. Jenni has an exciting new commission, and is delighted to start working on the memoirs of a Dutchwoman, Klara. As a child in the Second World War, Klara was interned in a camp on Java during the Japanese occupation - she has an extraordinary story of survival to tell. But as Jenni and Klara begin to get to kw each other, Jenni begins to do much more than shed light on a neglected part of history. She is being forced to examine her own devastating memories, too. But with Klara's help, perhaps this is finally the moment where she will be able to lay the ghosts of her own past to rest? Gripping, poignant and beautifully researched, Ghostwritten is a story of survival and love, of memory and hope.
- Author BiographyIsabel Wolff was born in Warwickshire and read English at Cambridge. She is the author of ten other bestselling novels, which are published in 29 languages. She lives in London with her family.
- Author(s)Isabel Wolff
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight280 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.