All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGhrelin is a 28-ami acid acylated peptide predominantly produced by the stomach. It displays strong GH-releasing activity mediated by the hypothalamus-pituitary GH secretagogue (GHS)-receptors specific for synthetic GHS. Ghrelin also acts on other central and peripheral receptors and enables other actions including: stimulation of lactotroph and corticotroph secretion; food-intake; gastro-entero-pancreatic functions; metabolic; cardiovascular activity; and anti-proliferative effects. This volume aims to highlight the impact and function of the hormone ghrelin and provide insight to neuroendocrilogies and researchers interested in its molecular and clinical relevance.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleEndocrine Updates
- Series Part/Volume Number23
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight421 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byEzio Ghigo
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2004
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.