All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFifteen world championships in the 350 cc and 500 cc classes, 18 Italian national titles (175, 250, 350 and 500 cc), 311 victories in world championship races of which 123 were world championship counters and 10 wins in the legendary TT. That is the incredible record of Giacomo Agostini, achieved between 1962, the year in which he won his first race at Bologna-San Luca on a Morini Settebello, and 1977 when he took the win at Hockenheim on a Yamamoto in the 750 cc class. Agostini - just about everyone calls him Ago - was the greatest racing motorcyclist ever, and today he has decided to review his magnificent career again by bringing together the greatest, most significant photographs of his life in a book. The debut on the Morini, the golden years with MV and the less dazzling period with Yamaha, his experience as a team manager as well as his family, friends and his fleeting appearance on four wheels; these are the chapters that comprise this work, which has never previously been attempted.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1942, Giacomo Agostini is considered the greatest champion in the history of motorcycle racing. Following his early experiences in races at the dawn of his career in the '50s, he became a works rider for Morini in 1962, then MV and after that Yamaha. After two seasons competing in a single-seater racing car with modest results, he returned to his own two-wheel world in 1982, but this time as sports director and manager of his own Yamaha-Marlboro team, with which he won another six world championships.Mario Donnini, a professional journalist, was born in 1965 at Gualdo Tadino, Perugia. He is the author of books on Tazio Nuvolari, Formula 1 and the Tourist Trophy motorcycle classic and has worked for years with Autosprint, Italy's motor sport weekly magazine. Mario Donnini, a professional journalist, was born in 1965 at Gualdo Tadino, Perugia. He is the author of books on Tazio Nuvolari, Giacomo Agostini, Ayrton Senna, Formula 1, Momo Italy and the Tourist Trophy motorcycle classic and has worked for years with Autosprint, Italy's motor sport weekly magazine.
- Author(s)Giacomo Agostini,Mario Donnini
- PublisherGiorgio Nada Editore
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationVimodrone
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintGiorgio Nada Editore
- Content NoteColour & mono photographs throughout
- Weight1941 g
- Width280 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.