All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreat Shakespeareans offers a systematic account of those figures who have had the greatest influence on the interpretation, understanding and cultural reception of Shakespeare, both nationally and internationally. In this volume, leading scholars assess the contribution of John Gielgud, Laurence Olivier, Peggy Ashcroft and Judi Dench to the afterlife and reception of Shakespeare and his plays. Each substantial contribution assesses the double impact of Shakespeare on the figure covered and of the figure on the understanding, interpretation and appreciation of Shakespeare, provide a sketch of their subject's intellectual and professional biography and an account of the wider cultural context, including comparison with other figures or works within the same field.
- Author BiographyRussell Jackson is Allardyce Nicoll Chair in Drama and Theatre Arts at the University of Birmingham, UK. He was formerly Director of the Shakespeare Institute. His books include The Cambridge Companion to Shakespeare on Film 2e (2007) and The Oxford Illustrated History of Shakespeare on Stage 2e (2001).
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleGreat Shakespeareans
- Series Part/Volume NumberVolume XVI
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight533 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byProfessor Russell Jackson
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.