All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionWith surprising candor, Archie Fire Lame Deer describes the magic and power of the Native American spirit life. Archie's compelling narrative recaptures his boyhood years under the tutelage of his medicine-man grandfather on a South Dakota farm. We follow him from Catholic school runaway to Army misfit, from bartender to boozer, from Hollywood stuntman to chief rattlesnake catcher of the state of South Dakota. And we exult with him when he comes home to the world of spirit.
- Author BiographyArchie Fire Lame Deer has joined the ranks of other spiritual leaders, such as the Dalai Lama, in the quest for world peace, while always remaining a traditional Sioux medicine man. He is the kuwa kiyapi, or intercessor, for the yearly Lakota Sundance and is the official representative for the Sacred Buffalo Calf Pipe at Crow Dog Sundance. Richard Erdoes is the coauthor of Lakota Woman, Lame Deer, Seeker of Visions, and American Indian Myths and Legends, and author of A.D. 1000: Living on the Brink of Apocalypse and A Sound of Flutes, as well as more than twenty other titles.
- Author(s)Archie Fire Lame Deer,Richard Erdoes
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication31/08/1993
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBear & Company
- Content Noteblack & white photographs
- Weight650 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.