All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title features glorious effects with gold and silver in over 40 step-by-step ideas and projects. It is a comprehensive practical course on gilding with gold, silver and metals; a contemporary, imaginative approach to an age-old craft. It is clear and authoritative instruction in traditional water and oil gilding techniques, and the use of inexpensive alternatives such as metallic transfer leaf, liquid leaf, powders and pastes. It features: how to gild furniture; make an antique-effect gold urn; produce shimmering frames; and create fabulous decorative items, from flower pots to gilded shells. It features over 40 beautiful easy-to-follow projects, with step-by-step instructions and over 300 photographs. It offers full guidance on all materials, equipment and finishes, with a photograph of every finished piece. Gilding is an ancient and beautiful art dating back thousands of years and used to embellish palaces, cathedrals and stately homes. But gilding is t only appropriate for antiques, and this book explores the numerous contemporary approaches and applications of this dazzling craft. Step-by-step photographs guide the reader through all the basic gilding techniques, with advice on materials, traditional methods and short cuts. There are also clever tips for achieving similar effects through simpler and cost-effective alternatives. The 40 projects create shimmering gilded chairs, tables and frames, frosted glass and tiles, and sparkling decorative treatments for large and small accessories. A stunning visual and inspirational sourcebook, this is also an accessible and comprehensive practical course in gilding.
- Author BiographyLiz Wagstaff is renowned in the field of gilding and decorative paint finishes. She has designed props and costumes for the opera, and worked as a freelance decorative paint finisher for McCloud and Co. Liz has contributed creative ideas and projects to many publications including Country Living magazine.
- Author(s)Liz Wagstaff
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 300 photographs
- Weight522 g
- Width168 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine15 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.