Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari: Intersecting Lives by Francois Dosse (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $111.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $124.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn May 1968, Gilles Deleuze was an established philosopher teaching at the invative Vincennes University, just outside of Paris. F lix Guattari was a political militant and the director of an unusual psychiatric clinic at La Borde. Their meeting was quite unlikely, yet the two were introduced in an arranged encounter of epic consequence. From that moment on, Deleuze and Guattari engaged in a surprising, productive partnership, collaborating on several groundbreaking works, including Anti-Oedipus, What Is Philosophy? and A Thousand Plateaus. Fran ois Dosse, a prominent French intellectual kwn for his work on the Annales School, structuralism, and biographies of the pivotal intellectuals Paul Ricoeur, Pierre Chaunu, and Michel de Certeau, examines the prolific if improbable relationship between two men of distinct and differing sensibilities. Drawing on unpublished archives and hundreds of personal interviews, Dosse elucidates a collaboration that lasted more than two decades, underscoring the role that family and history--particularly the turbulent time of May 1968--play in their monumental work. He also takes the measure of Deleuze and Guattari's posthumous fortunes and the impact of their thought on intellectual, academic, and professional circles.
- Author BiographyFran ois Dosse is a professor at the IUFM Creteil, the Paris Institute for Political Studies, and the Center for Cultural History, University of Versailles/Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines. He has published several important books on intellectual history, including History of Structuralism: The Rising Sign, 1945-1966 and History of Structuralism: The Sign Sets, 1967-Present. Deborah Glassman is the author of several works on literature, education, and international development and the translator of Dosse's two books on structuralism.
- Author(s)Francois Dosse
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication11/06/2010
- Series TitleEuropean Perspectives: A Series in Social Thought and Cultural Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note29 illus.
- Weight454 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Translated byDeborah Glassman
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.15Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.