Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.69Trending at AU $24.60
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $16.48Trending at AU $17.22
About this product
- DescriptionIsaac Bashevis Singer's first collection of stories, Gimpel the Fool, is a landmark work that has attracted international acclaim since it was first published in 1957. In Saul Bellow's masterly translation, the title story follows the exploits of Gimpel, an ingenuous baker who is universally deceived but who declines to retaliate against his tormentors. Gimpel and the protagonists of the other stories in this volume all inhabit the distinctive pre World War II ghettos of Poland and, beyond that, the larger world created by Singer's unforgettable prose.
- Author BiographyIsaac Bashevis Singer (1904 91) was the author of many novels, stories, and children's books. He received the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1978.
- Author(s)Isaac Bashevis Singer
- PublisherFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Weight218 g
- Width141 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.