All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe well-kwn aria anuncing the barber's entrance Figaro! Eh, Figaro! highlights this comic romp of an opera. Based on Beaumarchais' Le Barbier de Seville, Rossini's 1816 classic began as Almaviva, or the Useless Precaution, in an attempt to avoid confusion with a highly successful Il Barbiere di Siviglia of a half-century earlier. An opening night fiasco and persistent interruptions during the premiere by fans of the older play were but momentary detours on the path of this masterpiece to international fame. With the w-famous overture in place, the work reached the operatic capitals of the world, becoming the first opera to be sung in Italian in New York.Ideal for conductors, soloists, chorus members, and rehearsal pianists, this practice and performance vocal score is based on the classic 1900 Schirmer edition. Please te that the lyrics appear in the original Italian only.
- Author BiographyGioacchino Rossini (1792 1868) was known as the Italian Mozart on account of hisgift for creating songlike melodies. He composed 39 operas as well as sacred and chamber music, songs, and instrumental and piano music.
- Author(s)Gioacchino Rossini
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication13/03/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight703 g
- Width190 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.