All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionGiovanni Battista Pergolesi (1710-1736) achieved very limited success in his brief lifetime. He died indigent at the age of 26 in a Capuchin monastery near Naples and was buried in a pauper's grave. Within a few years of his death, however, with revivals of his works in Rome, Naples, Dresden and Munich, his reputation soared and his fame spread through all Europe.Pergolesi's importance and popularity today rest largely on his operas and sacred music particularly on the Stabat Mater, his last and what many consider his greatest work. A setting for sopra, alto and stringsof a medieval Latin poem about the sorrows of the Virgin Mary at Christ's crucifixion, the Stabat Mater is music of transcendent beauty and poignancy. Long a staple of the repertoire, this Italian Baroque masterpiece is an essential work for students and performers of choral music. They, and all lovers of fine music, will welcome this inexpensive, authoritative edition.
- Author(s)Giovanni Battista Pergolesi
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication16/05/1997
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width212 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.