Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- Description(Music Sales America). Shortly before his death, Giovanni Pergolesi moved to the Franciscan monastery in Pozzuoli, where he composed his last works. Among these is his Stabat Mater which reveals the infusion, into church composition, of the operatic style. Pergolesi's grand work features a lively declamation of the text and great melodic appeal and expressiveness. Underlying everything is the contrapuntal background that was expected in music composed for the church at this time. The original version was for two soloists and small ensemble; this version has been arranged by Desmond Ratcliffe to include SATB chorus, organ and strings but here the accompaniment is replaced by a pia reduction.
- PublisherNovello & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication21/07/1997
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNovello & Co Ltd
- Weight136 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.