All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBring cultures to life with real people! Giraffe-Neck Girl introduces ten-year-old Mucha and her family. Wearing the brass neck rings sets the Padaung, or giraffe neck tribe of Asia, apart as a unique tribe. How and why girls wear these heavy rings around their necks intrigues young readers. Lush, colorful photographs show how this community maintains harmony. Become a part of Mucha's family by sharing her daily activities, like catching locusts and eating them for a snack. Visit the school, play with children having water fights at the local well, help a father build a porch, and watch two neighbors roasting a pig. Then, go with Mucha to pick out a live duck for dinner in her small, rural village in rthern Thailand. Jackie Chase, author of award-winning Now to Become an Escape Artist A Traveler's Handbook, is a published author/blogger/photo-journalist who makes travel exciting and accessible to all. Visit WorldTravelDiva.com for her latest sharing from over 100 countries visited and learn about her other books.
- Author(s)Jackie Chase
- Date of Publication03/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.