Girl Hunter: Revolutionizing the Way We Eat, One Hunt at a Time by Georgia Pellegrini (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.30+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happens when a classically-trained New York chef and fearless omnivore heads out of the city and into the wild to track down the ingredients for her meals? After abandoning Wall Street to embrace her lifelong love of cooking, Georgia Pellegrini comes face to face with her first kill. From horing that first turkey to realizing that the only way we truly kw where our meat comes from is if we hunt it ourselves, Pellegrini embarks on a wild ride into the real world of local, organic, and sustainable food. Teaming up with veteran hunters, she trav-els over field and stream in search of the main course-from quail to venison and wild boar, from elk to javelina and squirrel. Pellegrini's road trip careens from the back of an ATV chasing wild hogs along the banks of the Mississippi to a dove hunt with beer and barbeque, to the birthplace of the Delta Blues. Along the way, she meets an array of unexpected characters-from the Commish, a venerated lifelong hunter, to the lawyer-by day, duck-hunting-Bayou-philosopher at dawn-who offer surprising lessons about food and life. Pellegrini also discovers the dangerous underbelly of hunting when an outing turns illegal-and dangerous. More than a food-laden hunting narrative, Girl Hunteralso teaches you how to be a self-sufficient eater. Each chapter offers recipes for finger-licking dishes like:* wild turkey and oyster stew* stuffed quail* pheasant tagine* venison sausage* fundamental stocks, brines, sauces, and rubs* suggestions for interchanging proteins within each recipeEach dish, like each story, is an adventure from begin-ning to end. An inspiring, illuminating, and often funny jour-ney into unexplored territories of haute cuisine, Girl Hunter captures the joy of rolling up your sleeves and getting to the heart of where the food you eat comes from.
- Author BiographyGEORGIA PELLEGRINI is the author of the critically acclaimed and IACP-nominated book Food Heroes. She has worked in renowned restau-rants in New York and in France, including Blue Hill at Stone Barns, Gramercy Tavern, and Michelin-starred farm-to-table restaurant La Chassagnette. She chronicles her adventures in meeting food artisans and gathering her ingredients on her wildly popular blog GeorgiaPellegrini.com, which gets millions of hits per month. Her work has been featured on Iron Chef Amer-ica, in Food and Wine Magazine, Town & Country, Shooting Sports-man, ESPN, Daily Candy, Boston Globe, Martha Stewart Radio, Gilt City, Fox, and various other mag-azines, TV, and radio programs. She currently roams the world hunting and gathering, tasting good food, and meeting the good people who make it.
- Author(s)Georgia Pellegrini
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication27/12/2012
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationCamnridge, US
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Lifelong
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.