Girl in Glass: How My Distressed Baby Defied the Odds, Shamed a CEO, and Taught Me the Essence of Love, Heartbreak, and Miracles by Deanna Fei (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booklegend66
- Est. delivery by 2 Feb
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.00+ AU $7.45 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by hallsbooks_123
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.46+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeanna Fei was just five-and-a-half months pregnant when she inexplicably went into labor. Minutes later, she met her tiny baby who clung to life support inside a glass box. Fei was forced to confront terrifying issues: How to be the mother of a child she could lose at any moment. Whether her daughter would survive ather day--and whether she should. But as she watched her daughter fight for her life, Fei discovered the power of the mother-child bond at its most elemental. A year after she brought her daughter home from the hospital, the CEO of AOL--her husband's employer--set off a national firestorm about the children he had called distressed babies. By blaming the beautiful, miraculously healthy little girl for a cut in employee benefits, he attached a price tag to her life. Girl in Glass is the riveting story of one child's harrowing journey and a powerful distillation of parenthood. With incandescent prose and an unflinching eye, Fei explores the value of a human life: from the spreadsheets wielded by cost-cutting executives to the insidious tions of risk surrounding modern pregnancy; from the wondrous history of medical invation in the care of premature infants to contemporary analyses of what their lives are worth; and finally, to the depths of her own struggle to make sense of her daughter's arrival in the world. Above all, Girl in Glass is a lumius testament to how love takes hold when a birth defies our fundamental beliefs about how life is supposed to begin.
- Author BiographyDeanna Fei is the author of the award-winning novel A Thread of Sky. A graduate of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, Fei has received a Fulbright Grant and a New York Foundation for the Arts fellowship. Her essays have appeared in the New York Times, Slate, Huffington Post, and other publications. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Deanna Fei
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Out-of-print date01/09/2016
- Weight468 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsRough front
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.