All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionGirl on the Edge is the incredible memoir of Kim Hodges, detailing her adolescent experiences growing up in a small rural town of NSW. Her upbringing has niggled away in the back of her mind since she was seven years of age. Now a family woman with three children of her own, Kim has found the courage and discipline to work her story into words. Written through a child's sensitive lens with reflections that could only be surmised and truly understood as an adult, Girl on the Edge explores identity, belonging, and alienation, as well as class, gender and power. Set in the landscape of the small NSW country town of Coolah, Kim's coming of age story is far from quaint. Using her wry humour to offset the confronting content, Girl on the Edge is truly an arresting memoir.
- Author BiographyKim Hodges has a Masters Degree in Policy from the University of Wollongong and undergraduate degree in Sociology from UTS. She has worked previously in the outer suburbs of Sydney at a local level using social action approaches and then in policy for government on health, gender and housing issues. Kim Hodges resides on the North Coast of NSW, her birthplace, returning after growing up in Coolah, Central West NSW, then living in Sydney and abroad. She is the mother of three teenage lads.
- Author(s)Kim Hodges
- PublisherImpact Press
- Date of Publication05/02/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintImpact Press
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.