All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionFrom ground-breaking inventions to feats of endurance, Girls Can Do Anything is a compendium of more than 200 of the smartest, strongest, fastest and most incredible women whose achievements have contributed to the world we live in today. Organized chrologically, this stimulating fact-o-pedia is subdivided into subjects -- science and invation, sports and endurance, arts and literature, politics and world-building, business and industry, world records, and unusual achievements. The profiles are presented in double-page spreads with illustrations, photographs, quotes and trivia highlighting the straightforward text. Here are examples of the accomplishments covered in Girls Can Do Anything
- The first computer programmer was a woman. Countess Ada Lovelace (1842)
- The inventors of the life raft, windshield wiper, and Kevlar were all female. Maria Beaseley (1882), Mary Anderson (1903), Stephanie Kwolek (1966)
- Beyonce holds the record for Most Nominated Women in Grammy History (53) and she is also the highest-paid black musician in history.
- Cosmonaut Valentina Vladimirovna Tereshkova was the first woman to fly in space and the first civilian to do so.
- Author BiographyCaitlin Doyle is an author, editor, and creative writing teacher with a graduate degree in women's studies. She has written and edited a number of books for adults and teens. Chuck Gonzales' artwork has been published around the world, including in publications such as the New York Times and Cosmopolitan. His previous books include the Worst Case Scenario Junior series.
- Author(s)Caitlin Doyle
- PublisherFirefly Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2016
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFirefly Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width159 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)Chuck Gonzales
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.