All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores twenty-five years of work from contemporary artist Gisele Amantea. Gisele Amantea's twenty-five year career features in a stunning new hardcover volume. Materially rich and with great attention to design and ornamentation, Amantea's installations delve into questions of history and memory, particularly as related to women. This mograph follows the evolution of Amantea's career starting with her early works that are exuberant examples of the rococokitsch style typical of her practice. These pieces demonstrate her interest at that time in the symbols of folk culture and the stereotypes usually associated with them. The second section features works from the late 1990s where the ferninist viewpoint, which could be glimpsed in the earlier work, is strongly apparent. The last section is devoted to the artist's current practice and features hitherto unseen pieces deting her preoccupation with the concept of barriers and the use that has been made of them by various cultures w and in the past.
- Author BiographyEve-Lyne Beaudry is curator of contemporary art at the Musee d'Art de Joliette. Rebecca Duclos is Graduate Dean at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Denise Markonish is curator at MASS MoCA.
- Author(s)Denise Markonish,Eve-Lyne Beaudry,Rebecca Duclos
- PublisherMusee d'art de Joliette
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationJoliette Quebec
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMusee d'art de Joliette
- Content Note44 full-colour illustrations
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.