All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the play by Schiller about tragic love and intrigue at the court of Philip II of Spain, Don Carlos is among the most complex and challenging of Verdi's works. The composer revised the opera twice in the 20 years following its 1867 debut at the Paris Opera, incorporating into it the musical ideas that later culminated in such masterpieces as Otello and Falstaff. For that reason Don Carlos is much studied by students and performers, who will welcome this new edition of the final version, reprinted from the authoritative G. Ricordi edition. Note. Credits and Characters. Antated Contents. Instrumentation.
- Author BiographyAn Italian composer of the Romantic era, Giuseppe Verdi (1813-1901) wrote operas that remain standards of the repertoire more than a century after his death. His most popular works include Rigoletto, La Traviata, and Aida.
- Author(s)Giuseppe Verdi
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/07/2001
- LanguageEnglish & Italian
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1465 g
- Width213 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.