Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Sergeant's acclaimed memoir takes us from his somewhat eccentric childhood to his thirty years' service with the BBC. Memorably handbagged by Margaret Thatcher on the steps of the Paris Embassy as she lost the leadership contest, and the man to whom Ron Davis confessed his midnight perambulations on Clapham Common, Sergeant has been the man on the spot in most of the major news stories of the last twenty years. His mordant wit, keen sense of the absurd and acute powers of analysis pervade the book and his understanding of the labyrinthine workings of Westmister - and of the corridors of Broadcasting House - is second to ne.
- Author BiographyJohn Sergeant was, until 2002 political editor of ITN in 2000, after being chief political correspondent of the BBC for the previous 12 years. He joined the Corporation as a reporter on radio news in 1970. He was a special correspondent in many parts of the world, reporting from more than 25 countries. Among the conflicts he covered were the closing stages of the Vietnam War, the Turkish invasion of Cyprus, the Israeli occupation of Southern Lebanon, and the guerilla war in Rhodesia. For the past twenty years he has specialised in political reporting from Westminster, and he has, at times, presented a wide variety of news programmes on R4, including Today and The World at One. He has also been a guest on many light entertainment shows, including Have I Got News for You, Room 101, and the News Quiz on Radio 4. He lives in Ealing and has two grown-up sons. He is the author of two books, Give Me Ten Seconds, which was a top ten bestseller, and Maggie: Her Fatal Legacy.
- Author(s)John Sergeant
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/08/2002
- SubjectAutobiography: Business
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Out-of-print date06/06/2014
- Content Noteportraits
- Weight229 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Interest Age18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.