All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.65
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $54.54
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.42
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.83
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $27.56
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.89
About this product
- DescriptionIn GIVE & TAKE, Judy O Haselhoef brings you on a journey-from her first trip to Haiti, through the founding of her n-profit organization in a male-dominated country, to the close of the organization after six years and over 40 projects. Punctuated with anecdotes about the locals and those giving charity from the United States, GIVE & TAKE offers humorous, thoughtful, and honest insights on both cultures. Was the local hat maker paid eugh? Why should a charity start with an exit strategy? What is the real function of giving? Haselhoef offers readers an opportunity to participate in overseas charitable work before they ever step onto the plane.
- Author BiographyAfter participating in two medical missions to Lamontay, a mountainous agricultural area, Judy O. Haselhoef co-founded an organization, Yonn Ede Lot, to offer a program for leadership that partnered with the local people to help improve their economy. Prior, she raised funds and marketed for organizations in Los Angeles, New York, London, and Washington, DC. She holds a degree in English from University of California, Irvine and a Masters in Fine Art from Vermont College with an emphasis on conceptual social art.
- Author(s)Judy O Haselhoef
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.