All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTom Carey is a priest in crisis. God's good world has curdled and the Church is beset by scandal. Increasingly, he is haunted by the face of a woman he once secretly loved. Abandoning his comfortable parish he buries himself in the post of Port Chaplain on a busy river, but soon finds himself caught up in the murky world of international people-smuggling. The alluring but sinister Captain Cargo and his beleaguered Filipi crew seem intent on forcing him into a radical expression of his priesthood, but a chance encounter with the woman he has t seen for thirty years throws his vocation and faith into question.
- Author BiographyJonathan Tulloch was born and bred in Cumbria. He was educated by Augustinian friars. He has written three previous novels, The Season Ticket, winner of the Betty Trask Prize and filmed as Purely Belter, The Bonny Lad and The Lottery. He featured on the TLS list of the twenty most promising young writers, and recently won the J.B. Priestly Award. His work has been translated into five languages. He is a regular contributor to The Tablet, the leading international Roman Catholic weekly.
- Author(s)Jonathan Tulloch
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight195 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.