Giving Is Not Just for the Very Rich: A How-To Guide for Giving and Philanthropy by Dr Susan Aurelia Gitelson, Susan Aurelia Gitelson (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.30Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA valuable resource for you, Giving Is Not Just For The Very Rich is an inspiring, easy-to-use guide which gives you numerous creative ideas on how to reap the many benefits of giving. It's all about your feeling connected to worthwhile programs, achieving a sense of purpose, and deriving immeasurable pleasure from helping others. Dr. Susan Aurelia Gitelson offers you reasons to give, considers values and concerns, and advises you how to give wisely. She presents you with examples from the wealthiest dors, invative givers, social entrepreneurs, celebrities, government officials, nprofit professionals, volunteers, and social media networkers. To help you zero in on major areas for your giving, she reviews religious philanthropy, education K-12, higher education, science and health, arts and culture, sports, multipurpose umbrella organizations, awards, and international aid. Finally, she shows you how to evaluate charities, make choices, and realize your commitments.
- Author BiographyDr. Susan Aurelia Gitelson has been President of International Consultants, Inc. and has been consulting for international business, educational, cultural and other institutions. Dr. Gitelson has been Co-Chair of the Dean's Council of the Columbia School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA). She was also a National Vice President of the American Friends of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and remains a member of the International Board of Governors of the Hebrew University and the Board of the Harry S. Truman Research Institute on the Advancement of Peace at the Hebrew University. In addition, she is a member of the Board of Advisers of the National Committee on American Foreign Policy. Currently she is also a member of the Board of Overseers of the Museum of Jewish Heritage/A Living Memorial to the Holocaust. Previously she had been on the advisory boards of the Ralph Bunche Institute for International Studies at the City University Graduate Center and the Center for the Study of the Presidency. In addition, she has supported the Columbia SIPA Gitelson Policy Forum, the Gitelson Peace Publications of the Truman Institute, and many other programs and awards at Columbia University, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, the City University Graduate Center, the Center for the Study of the Presidency and other institutions. Her books and articles have been published on four continents. Columbia University awarded her its prestigious Alumni Medal for Distinguished Service. Dr. Gitelson received her B.A. from Barnard College and her M.I.A. and Ph.D. from Columbia University. She was a trainee at the Rockefeller Foundation. In addition, she was an assistant professor of international relations at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Subsequently she headed several small international business firms for many years, where she used her earned income to sponsor cultural and educational programs. She is the author of Giving is Not Just For The Very Rich: A How-to Guide for Giving and Philanthropy, and Multilateral Aid for National Development and Self-Reliance. In addition, she co-edited Israel in the Third World with Michael Curtis. Dr. Gitelson is listed in Who's Who in America, Who's Who in the World, Who's Who in Finance and Business, and other biographical directories.
- Author(s)Dr Susan Aurelia Gitelson,Susan Aurelia Gitelson
- Date of Publication29/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.