All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume of case studies, based on original qualitative research, has been written expressly for student affairs educators and administrators at the college and university level. Giving Voice to Critical Campus Issues addresses the complex issues of classism, student suicide, alcohol-related death, acquaintance rape, multiracial identity, and the self-development of young adults with alcoholic parents. Practitioners and faculty can use this crucial book to enrich their understanding of the deep complexities of campus life; and they will also find themselves more attuned to the often unheard and/or unackwledged voices of young men and women who have both distinctive needs and dynamic potential. With introductory chapters describing the constructivist qualitative methodology that underlies each case study, this book will serve as an excellent text for graduate-level research classes. It will also be an outstanding resource for undergraduate leadership and residence life classes, and for training and seminars aimed at student affairs staff. Co-published with American College Personnel Association.
- Author BiographyKathleen Manning is Associate Professor of Higher Education and Student Affairs in the graduate program at the University of Vermont.
- Author(s)Kathleen Manning
- PublisherAmerican College Personnel Association
- Date of Publication01/02/1999
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleAmerican College Personnel Association Series
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican College Personnel Association
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width158 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.