All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology explores the enterprise of philanthropy-assumptions, aspirations, and achievements. It brings together key texts that can provide guidance to current and prospective dors, trustees and professional staff of foundations, and leaders of nprofit organizations. Organized thematically, these texts seek to illuminate fundamental questions about the idea and practice of philanthropy, to promote more thoughtful discussion about practical issues facing the philanthropic sector, and to point a way toward a philanthropic practice that is more responsible, more effective, and more civic-spirited. Amy A. Kass has selected readings from sources that range from the classics to the contemporary, from foundational statements on philanthropy to reflections on key issues of velists and poets. Each illuminates some aspect of philanthropy. The book is arranged according to themes: goals and intentions; gifts, dors, and recipients; grants, grantors, grantees; bequests and legacies; effectiveness; accountability; and leadership.
- Author BiographyAmy A. Kass is Senior Lecturer in the Humanities Collegiate Division at the University of Chicago. She is editor of The Perfect Gift: The Philanthropic Imagination in Poetry and Prose (IUP, 2002); American Lives: Cultural Differences, Individual Distinction; and Wing to Wing, Oar to Oar: Readings on Courting and Marrying (with Leon Kass).
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication11/01/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitlePhilanthropic and Nonprofit Studies
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight731 g
- Width3971 mm
- Height5983 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byAmy A. Kass
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.