All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
About this product
- DescriptionIn this powerful collection, the former executive director of the American Association of School Administrators looks at the factors educators must consider in order to turn schools back into places that nurture children. There are basic truths about what motivates people, Paul D. Houston argues, and educators must embed these truths in the educational process. In this book, educators will find inspiration and guidance through: eighteen beautifully written, thought-provoking essays on how we can transform our schools; chapter-by-chapter questions to inspire reflection, discussion, and professional development; and, a broad range of topics spanning from the magic of learning to global education to the perils of accountability. Houston's words will resonate with anyone committed to improving schools, and will help educators examine their own beliefs, develop a common vision, and enact reform.
- Author BiographyPaul D. Houston has established himself as one of the leading spokespersons for American education through his extensive speaking engagements, published articles, and his regular appearances on national radio and television. Formerly executive director of the American Association of School Administrators from 1994 to 2008, Houston has served as a teacher and building administrator in North Carolina and New Jersey. He has also served as assistant superintendent in Birmingham, Alabama, and as superintendent of schools in Princeton, NJ; Tucson, AZ; and Riverside, CA. Houston has served in an adjunct capacity for the University of North Carolina, Harvard University, Brigham Young University, and Princeton University. He has served as a consultant and speaker throughout the United States and overseas, and he has published more than 100 articles in professional journals.
- Author(s)Paul D. Houston
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication29/09/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Weight277 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.