All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of Giving a Lecture builds upon the reputation and success of the Key Guides for Effective Teaching in Higher Education series. It is an excellent resource for those new to teaching at the University and College level and for those who just want to reflect upon and refresh their lecturing practice. The best selling first edition has been fully revised, and this edition continues to cover all the basics on how to go about lecturing while maintaining its jargon-free and accessible style. New lecturers will find the second edition equips them with the essential tools and guidance for delivering a successful lecture, and explains exciting new developments along with the fundamentals of lecturing. Addressing a number of rapid developments that have occurred since its first publication in 2004, the second edition provides: * A new chapter on podcasting and e-lecturing * Much more on the effective use of PowerPoint * Guidance on using interactive handsets to promote active learning and engagement * Consideration of the role of Lectures in problem based learning (PBL) courses * An expanded chapter that addresses current diversity/inclusivity issues * A fresh look with new Illustrations * Updated 'Recommended Reading and Web-Resource' sections This handy guide uses a multi-disciplinary approach based on sound educational theory to provide clear guidance and engaging ideas on giving a memorable and motivational lecture. Readers will find its straightforward approach is both readable and very practical, and new University and College Teachers, Graduate Teaching Assistants, Part-time Tutors, Teaching Clinicians and Practitioners, together with those interested in educational and staff development, will find this book provides them with all the guidance they need to lecture with confidence and skill.
- Author BiographyKate Exley is Senior Staff Development Officer at The University of Leeds and a consultant in Higher Education. Reg Dennick is Assistant Director of Medical Education in the Medical School at the University of Nottingham.
- Author(s)Kate Exley,Reg Dennick
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/05/2009
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleKey Guides for Effective Teaching in Higher Education
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note15 black & white tables
- Weight390 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.