All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
About this product
- DescriptionWill Stone was named a 'European-leaning maverick' by Hugo Williams in the TLS, which may explain why his remarkable voice was unjustly neglected until this volume first appeared. Stone's poems have a visionary edge to them, replete as they are with a powerful imagery both sublime and unsettling. Suffused with melancholy and a sometimes apocalyptic morbidity, his poetry is also lyrically tender and elegiac, focusing on both the trauma of mankind pinioned by an ever increasing existential insecurity in a debased natural world and the consolation of revealing a poetic 'spiritual' essence still active in certain landscapes.
- Author BiographyWill Stone's translations of poetry from the French and German language have been published widely in literary journals and magazines both in the UK and elsewhere in Europe, particularly France, Belgium and Holland. His translations with Anthony Vivis of Trakl, Stramm and Schiele were published to coincide with the exhibition of the art of Max Beckmann in the Tate Anthology of German Expressionist Poetry (Tate Publishing, 2003). He has also published two collections of his own poetry, with a third to appear in 2016.
- PrizesWinner of Glen Dimplex New Writers Awards: Poetry Award 2008.
- Author(s)Will Stone
- PublisherShearsman Books
- Date of Publication18/09/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShearsman Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight114 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.