All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.06
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.97
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $17.64
About this product
- DescriptionIn the modern Kingdom of Ireland, few mortals believe in the fairy folk. Without that belief, the fairies are dying. Finvarra, the King of the Fairies, would rather dance than worry-but he must have a mortal dancing partner. When Janet Gleason's grandfather becomes the new U.S. Ambassador to Ireland, the sixteen-year-old orphan must leave Boston and her friends behind. Janet is lonely in Dublin and unused to her grandparents' stuffy social life. An invitation to a royal ball terrifies her. She can't even waltz and dreads embarrassment. Finvarra's fairy witch overhears her fervent wish to learn to dance. Seventeen-year-old Prince Liam Boru loathes the idea of escorting ather spoiled American girl to a ball. In fact, he detests most of his royal duties. He dresses down to move through Dublin unticed and finds himself on his royal backside when Janet crashes into him. Intrigued, he asks to see her again, and she willingly agrees. Unaware of each other's identities, they arrange to meet. When they do, the fairies steal Janet away. Liam's attempts to find her trigger a series of frustrating misadventures. Can he and Janet outwit a treacherous fairy king who's been hoodwinking mortals for centuries?
- Author BiographyBoston, Massachusetts native Pat McDermott writes romantic action/adventure stories set in Ireland. The Glimmer Books, Glancing Through the Glimmer, Autumn Glimmer, and A Pot of Glimmer, are young adult paranormal adventures starring Ireland's mischievous fairies and a royal family that might have been. The Glimmer Books are prequels to her popular Band of Roses Trilogy: A Band of Roses, Fiery Roses, and Salty Roses. Her contemporary romance, The Rosewood Whistle, features Ireland's music and myths. Unholy Crossing is her first ghost story. Pat's favorite non-writing activities include cooking, hiking, reading, and traveling, especially to Ireland. She lives and writes in New Hampshire, USA.
- Author(s)Pat McDermott
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.